This workshop provides base knowledge for working on category C road environments.
How it works:
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the workshop
- Receive a temporary wallet sized warrant card and PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency, who will send you the official TC Warrant card
Who should attend:
Any person wishing to work on category C roads as an onsite STMS, or any person wishing to work on category C roads while fulfilling one of these roles:
- Traffic Operations Manager
- TTM Mentor
- TM Assessor
- TTM Trainer
- TTM Planner
- TMP Approver
- TTM Auditor
- Traffic Management Coordinator
- Corridor Manager
The STMS Universal warrant is the minimum prerequisite to this warrant. For those wishing to gain the practising STMS Cat C warrant, they must first hold the practising TMO warrant.
An onsite STMS is also required to have endorsements for specific activities/ specialist TTM equipment (e.g. portable traffic signals, VMS) if in charge of operations using these and there is no other worker on site with the required endorsements.
The learning consists of a one-day knowledge workshop delivered by a TTM Trainer. This is followed by on-job coaching from a TTM Mentor for those wishing to gain the practising warrant.
Schedule: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (generally)
8 hours (including breaks)
Weekdays. However, we can organise weekend workshops if you have a group.
Pricing and Payment:
$365 + GST ($419.75 including GST) per person
Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring training give us a call or email.
If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations please give us a call or email to discuss options.
We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
What is included at the workshop?
- Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
- Deliver site safety briefings and inductions
- Calculate layout distances for category C road environments
- Set up, maintain and remove TTM for static operations including shoulder closures, lane closures, lane diversions, chicanes, multi-lane closures and ramp closures
- Complete mobile operations and closures
- Conduct special activities
The assessment for the non-practising warrant occurs progressively during the workshop.
The assessment for the practising warrant will be assessed by a TTM Assessor on the practical components of the role.
There are 2 optional unit standards that can be awarded to an STMS (regardless of the category of road the STMS is warranted for).
- STMS non-practising - US 31962: Explain the requirements for the worksite under temporary traffic management for a road environment as defined in CoPTTM
- STMS practising - US 31963: Operate as a practising Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) on a road environment as defined in CoPTTM.
Once the unit standards have been awarded for a category of road, the STMS is not required to attain these unit standards again for other categories of road environment.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop, you will receive:
- Unit Standard 31962 - STMS non-practising
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / Waka Kotahi
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the Waka Kotahi card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card