Use this free application form to apply for a Practical Assessment with a Parallaxx Assessor. Completing this form does not lock in your assessment. Following submission of this form, you will receive an estimate for the requested services to review and accept before our Training Administration Team will procced with scheduling the request.
Anyone wishing to take charge of a Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) worksite or operation must hold a practising warrant for the road category they are operating on.
For further information on the warrants please refer to the Waka Kotahi website Warrants | Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency (nzta.govt.nz)
- TTM Worker: Practical Assessment Only
- Traffic management operative (TMO)
- Maintain a Stop/Go operation
- STMS Category A
- Direct the installation, maintenance, and removal of a 60km/h or less Stop/Go operation
- STMS Category B
- Direct the installation, maintenance, and removal of a 70km/h or more Stop/Go operation
- STMS Category C
- Direct the installation, maintenance, and removal of a 70km/h or more lane closure
- STMS Mobile
- Inspector: Practical Assessment Only
How it works:
- Decide what assessment you need and double-check the prerequisites to make sure you are eligible.
- Please see the Waka Kotahi prerequisite guidance table here.
- Register through the link on this page, ensuring you complete all information accurately.
On-Road TTM Hire
- Do you need to hire on-road TTM vehicles, equipment, and crew or will you provide your own?
- Please indicate this using the drop-down menu selection in the application form.
- Select your preferred pre-assessment and assessment date.
Assessment TMP and Location
Parallaxx provide an approved, fully compliant TMP suitable for the specific assessment types. You can select the assessment location you prefer using our drop-down menu in the application form.
- Would you like to use your own TMP for the assessment?
- Your TMP must be approved and fully compliant and suitable for the requested assessment.
- Please provide a copy of your approved, fully compliant TMP at the time of applying for the assessment by uploading it with your application, or alternatively, please email it through to firstname.lastname@example.org for our assessors to check it's suitable for your requested assessment.
- Our training team checks that you meet the requirements and will confirm all details.
- If verification paperwork is required as evidence for trainee eligibility, our Training Administration Team will be in touch to request this.
- We will send you a formal estimate for you to review and accept and provide a Purchase Order number or Reference Code in order for our Training Administration Team to proceed with the scheduling of your assessment(s).
- Once confirmed we will send through the calendar scheduling, including a link to a folder of Assessment Resources for your trainees to review in preparation for their assessments.
- Trainees will be emailed a link to log into our eLearning portal where they have been enrolled in the requested assessment to complete your trainee verification for their assessment.
- At the pre-assessment meeting, you will meet your assessor and be provided the TMP, learning materials for you to study, and a full briefing of what you need to do and what to expect.
- On the assessment day, the assessor will meet you on-site (or at your yard) and begin the assessment.
- Successful trainees will be issued with a Temporary Warrant card for use while they await their new card to arrive from Waka Kotahi
- Following the assessment, trainees can log back into the eLearning portal to get their Parallaxx certificate of completion for their assessment.
Pricing Update 20/05/2022:
Effective for all Practical Assessments booked on or after Friday the 20th of May 2022, the base fee will be $870.00 + GST.
Going forward you will be charged administration fees per trainee, only for the tasks that apply to their application. As we have worked through the training and competency model of practical assessments, we have found that several trainees have required additional pre-assessment mentoring at a cost of $175.00 + GST per hour, which we have been absorbing. This will be charged separately going forward.
Additional to this base fee will be the following:
Pre-Assessment Meeting if required
*To be confirmed with Client & Assessor following application submission and review
Time charged at $175.00 + GST per hour
*This includes travel if required for onsite. Online pre-assessments are preferred.
x1.25 - $1087.00 +GST
Public Holiday Assessment
x2.5 - $2175.00 + GST
Changes to scheduled assessments
Changes include but are not limited to:
$65.00 + GST per change
On-Road TTM if required
Our new prices will allow us to better serve all our customers. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Our team is more than happy to help in any way.
Thanks again for your business, we do appreciate it.
Please also note our cancellation notice for Practical Assessments.
Please note when you book a pre-assessment and assessment/s you are holding space/s on our calendar that is no longer available to our other clients. If you need to cancel your assessment, we respectfully request that you provide no less than 3 working days’ notice of cancellation.
Any cancellation or reschedule made in less than 3 working days will result in a cancellation fee. The amount of the fee will be equal to 50% of the reserved services unless agreed otherwise.
Changes to Scheduled Assessments:
Please note that once an assessment has been scheduled and the calendar invite sent, additional change requests to the assessment will incur an administration charge of $65.00 + GST per hour with a minimum 1-hour charge.
Once an assessment has been scheduled, any changes require additional administration such as internal coordination, On-Road TTM hire if applicable, deployment, notification to Waka Kotahi and scheduling of our assessors.
Please see the Waka Kotahi prerequisite guidance table here.
Book this course
AssessmentRegister for your practical assessment