Use this booking form to register for TMO, STMS-A, STMS-B and STMS-C practical assessments.
Anyone wishing to take charge of a Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) worksite or operation must hold a practising warrant for the road category they are operating on.
For further information on the warrants please refer to the Waka Kotahi website Warrants | Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency (nzta.govt.nz)
- Traffic management operative (TMO)
- Maintain a Stop/Go operation
- STMS Category A
- Direct the installation, maintenance, and removal a 60km/h or less Stop/Go operation
- STMS Category B
- Direct the installation, maintenance, and removal a 70km/h or more Stop/Go operation
- STMS Category C
- Direct the installation, maintenance, and removal of a 70km/h or more lane closure
How it works:
- Decide what assessment you need and double check the prerequisites to make sure you are eligible.
- Do you need to hire on-road TTM vehicles, equipment and crew or will you provide your own?
- Register through the link on this page, ensuring you complete all information accurately.
- You will be emailed a link to login to our eLearning portal and enrolled in the assessment you have requested.
- Our training team check that you meet the requirements and confirm all details.
- We will send you a formal estimate for you to confirm.
- Once confirmed we will contact you to confirm your pre-assessment date and assessment dates and organise any on-road hire if you need it.
- At the pre-assessment meeting you will meet your assessor and be provided the TMP, learning materials for you to study and a full briefing of what you need to do and what to expect.
- On the assessment day the assessor will meet you on-site (or at your yard) and begin the assessment.
Assessments are $795.00 + GST per person (excluding on-road hire of TTM equipment).
Please see the Waka Kotahi prerequisite guidance table here.
Book this course
AssessmentRegister for your practical assessment