This workshop provides the knowledge and skills to competently manage a mobile operation on a Cat A, B and on the shoulder of a Cat C road environment.
How it works:
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the workshop
- Receive a temporary wallet sized warrant card and PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency, who will send you the official TC Warrant card
Who should attend:
Any person wishing to complete mobile operations as an onsite STMS.
- This warrant is not appropriate if the person is required to be in charge of mobile operations to install, maintain or remove TTM at static worksites.
- Current STMS (M) -NP, and
- TC or TMO current or expired no more than 12 months; or
- STMS practising of any category current or expired; or
- STMS of any level current or expired.
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi website for more information.
The learning consists of a one-day knowledge workshop delivered by a TTM Trainer. This is followed by on-job coaching from a TTM Mentor for those wishing to gain the practising warrant.
- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (generally)
- 8 hours (including breaks)
This is during weekdays. However, we can organise weekend workshops if you have a group.
What to Bring:
What to bring to the workshop:
Everything you require for the workshop participation is provided by Parallaxx.
However, for Auckland based workshop attendees, if you have your own laptop, you are welcome to bring this for use in the workshop. This option is currently only available for Auckland workshop attendees.
We encourage you to bring your own laptop for the following reasons:
- You will find navigating the workshop content more easily on a device that you are familiar with,
- You can bookmark useful pages and content for future reference,
- You can download items to your device
Please note: We do provide tablets for anyone that does not have their own device.
Everything you require for the workshop participation is included and you are welcome to use one of our tablets.
Pricing and Payment:
Cost: $399.00 + GST ($458.85 incl. GST) per person
If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations, please give us a call or email to discuss options. We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
What is included at the workshop?
- Lunch , Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
- STMS Mobile Role and Responsibilities
- Process for Completing Mobile Operations
- Risk Assessment
- Mobile operations: Essentials
- Requirements for:
- Lead Pilot Vehicles,
- Work Vehicles,
- Shadow Vehicles, and
- Tail Pilot Vehicles
- Mobile Operations: Equipment
- Mobile Operations: Pedestrians and Cyclists
- Using Static Signs
- Keeping Mobile Operation Personnel Safe
- Mobile Onsite Record Forms
The assessment for the non-practising warrant occurs progressively during the workshop.
The assessment for the practising warrant will be assessed by a TTM Assessor on the practical components of the role.
There is no unit standard for this learning block.
Following the completion of the STMS Mobile Non-Practising workshop, if you are going to be an onsite STMS for Mobile operations, you will need to complete on-job coaching with a TTM Mentor.
This will consist of:
- 2 mobile closures verified by your TTM Mentor, and
- 1 mobile closure observed by a TTM Assessor
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop, you will receive:
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / Waka Kotahi
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the Waka Kotahi card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card
Please note: To obtain a practising warrant following this workshop, you must complete verification tasks and an STMS Mobile Practical Assessment. Use our free application to apply here.