Following the successful completion of your STMS CAT A/B NP workshop, this four-day Verification, and Assessment Programme will assist you with achieving the STMS CAT A - Practising Warrant. An experienced TTM Mentor will observe and sign off verification tasks so you are eligible for your STMS CAT A practical assessment which you will undertake on day four with your Parallaxx Assessor.
This is a four-day comprehensive onsite Verification and Assessment Programme including observations, verification task signs offs and the STMS CAT A Practical Assessment.
Please note that when attending a Verification and Assessment Programme, no coaching or mentoring is facilitated. We encourage you to ensure that your trainee has gained enough on-site experience prior to attending the programme, as it will prepare and help them better understand the verification and assessment process.
Who is this for?
- do not have the internal TTM Mentoring capability
- do not have the internal expertise
- do not have the TTM plant and equipment to self-deliver
- require ease of facilitation
- want to expedite the process as quickly and efficiently as possible
- need their team functioning at full capacity to deliver their normal workload
If you don't have the knowledge, capability, and time to put your workers through the STMS CAT A Practising Warrant, this is the solution for you!
Day 1-3: Meet & Greet, Pre-Assessment Meeting, Verification Task Sign Offs
Your TTM Mentor has a role verifying the observations being conducted for this unit standard. (US 31963)
Your Parallaxx Assessor will perform a Pre-Assessment Meeting, Online Discussion and facilitate the practical assessment.
Meet with your TTM Mentor and Parallaxx Assessor. The Parallaxx Assessor complete a Pre-Assessment Meeting (Part 1) with you and the TTM Mentor.
Your TTM Mentor will observe and sign off verification tasks for trainees throughout the day. They will complete observations and verifications of the following:
- on-site training
- carry out practical tasks
- obtain verifications of tasks 1 - 4 as outlined in US 31963 (STMS A)
- debriefs (including any STMS Mentor recommendations for further training required prior to assessment)
End of Day 3: Online Pre-Assessment Meeting (Part 2) with TTM Mentor and Parallaxx Assessor
As the trainee’s success of this programme is competency based, at the end of Day 3, the TTM Mentor will discuss with the trainee their recommendations for how the programme for Day 4 will run. It will be negotiated with the trainee, assessor, and key contact to decide if Day 4 will be a further day of mentoring with a dummy run of the assessment or the actual assessment.
Day 4: Assessment
*Please note the Practical Assessment will be scheduled for a day during the following working week. This allows the TTM Mentor and Parallaxx Assessor to verify all paperwork is achieved and complete as per the required criteria, hence a break in this programme and time for trainees to review note, feedback, assessment resources in preparation for their practical assessment.
You will spend 2 hours thoroughly preparing with your TTM Mentor for your assessment tasks. An assessor will then meet you in the yard to observe and assess you demonstrating the STMS CAT A practical assessment tasks.
You will complete:
- Assessment preparation – in the yard with Parallaxx Assessor
- TMP Review
- Pre-departure Truck Checks
- Assessment tasks 5 - 7 as outlined in US 31963 (STMS A) – At assessment location
- Complete paperwork to compile verifications and evidence
Successful participants will be awarded the STMS CAT A warrant, with the knowledge and skills to perform your role safely and compliantly.
What is included:
- We provide all TTM equipment and traffic management vehicles including signs and cones
- An approved Traffic management plan for the verifications and assessment
- Assessment documentation including the Trainee assessment (US 31963)
- On-site records, hazard identification documentation and any other paper resources you will need (you may supply your own)
- A certificate of completion which will be available for download as a PDF to your phone or computer to use as evidence
What you need to bring:
Trainees will need to wear PPE as per their company requirements. PPE is required for all practical tasks and assessments. The trainee will need to demonstrate to the TTM Trainer/Assessor that they wear PPE as per their company policy.
This may include all or some of the following items:
- Hi-vis vest
- Long sleeves / pants (long longs)
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- Steel-cap, lace up boots
- Wet weather gear (weather dependent)
- A good attitude and willingness to learn
Please note that we follow MoH recommendations, mandates and guidelines when required - due to the constantly changing landscape we are not putting specific/current guidelines on our website.
Please refer to this link for the most up to date information: COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) | Ministry of Health NZ
- Please be aware that on-site verification days is subject to schedule as you will be going out to live worksites. Therefore, there can be cancellations due to weather, logistics, delays or changes in scope of work.
- If your scheduled verification worksite is cancelled or no longer appropriate, we will do our best to provide a different worksite to complete your verification or if this is not possible, your verification will be postponed.
- In the event of this happening, we will notify you as soon as possible, however there will be no refund or compensation for lost time or revenue due to the external factors outside of our control.
The STMS CAT A Verification and Assessment Programme is $6599.00 + GST per trainee.
This programme has not been setup to generate large amounts of revenue, it is purely a service to our customers who are unable to self-deliver the requirements for STMS CAT A-Practising.
- To secure your place on this programme you must have confirmed payment 48 hours prior to the workshop starting or have a payment plan or agreement in place.
- No shows or cancellations within 48 hours are non-refundable.
- If you can find a replacement, there will be a $50.00 admin fee.
- The initial cost is broadly based on 1 day of preparation with the TTM Mentor and meeting the Parallaxx Assessor, 2 days of verifications and 1 day of assessments, but if the trainee is deemed by the TTM Mentor as Not Yet Competent (NYC) for one or two of the verifications, more will need to be done.
- This is a competency-based programme, so if additional mentoring or verifications are required and the trainee needs more help than what is outlined in this schedule, we will notify you as soon as we know and inform you of the additional costs.
- This programme requires dedicated commitment from the trainee to ensure they have the best opportunity of being successful. Your trainee needs to be fully engaged, have a good attitude and have a willingness to learn. Select your trainee wisely.
The STMS CAT A - NP warrant is a prerequisite to this programme. You will need to provide evidence prior to attending.
Book this course
ProgrammeThis is a managed programme with no scheduled date. We will be in contact to coordinate dates and times with you following your application.