Book your Level 1 Basic Traffic Controller (TC) Workshop online. This one-day workshop is an introduction to Temporary Traffic Management (TTM). Attendees will gain the knowledge required to setup and maintain a basic Level 1 worksite. The TC workshop is a prerequisite to all other TTM training and can be used to renew an existing TC warrant.
How it works:
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the workshop
- Receive a temporary wallet sized warrant card and PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency, who will send you the official TC Warrant card
Who should attend:
- Anyone who is required to take control of a worksite on a Level 1 road or is working around Temporary Traffic Management. For example, arborists, civil workers, utilities, assets workers.
- Consultants, developers, surveyors, project managers, engineers
- Anyone who needs to further their knowledge about working on the road
- Refreshing a current or expired Level 1 TC warrant
- No Prerequisite – this is an entry level workshop
- See traffic controllers prerequisite guide for information on other workshop prerequisites.
- 1-Day Workshop
- Schedule: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (generally)
- 8 hours (including breaks)
- Generally weekdays, however if you have a group we can organise weekend workshops.
Pricing and Payment:
As of 1st of May 2020
- $295.00 + GST ($339.25 including) per person
- Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring training give us a call or email.
- If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations please give us a call or email to discuss options.
- We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
- All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
What is included at the workshop:
- Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
The workshop is split into the four sections of CoPTTM (A,B,C,D)
Section A: Introduction and general
- Introduction to the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM)
- Authorities, roles and responsibilities
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) documentation
- On-site Record documentation
Section B: Equipment
- Equipment used at road work sites
- PPE Requirements
Section C: Static operations
- Sign placement
- Delineation placement
- Manual traffic control (MTC)
Section D: Mobile operations
- Setup and removal of worksites
- Mobile operations
- Inspection activities
- Four open book tests on each section of CoPTTM - Sections A, B, C and D
- You will use the tablet with CoPTTM to answer the test questions
- Pass Rate: 60% or more in each test to pass with an opportunity to re-work any tests at the end of the day.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop you will receive:
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / Waka Kotahi
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the Waka Kotahi card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card
- Your TC qualification is valid for 3 years from the date of the workshop.