Are you moving to the new Training and Competency model and not sure where to start? Then this might just be the blog for you.
Existing qualifications are still valid till they expire, but did you know since October 1st, 2021:
– TCs can no longer setup and remove worksites, and
– Level 2/3 NP STMS’ will no longer be able to manage shoulder closures, and parts of a capital works project.
Our STMS Refresher workshop goes through these changes and other changes to CoPTTM which might be worthwhile attending.
Changes Covered in this Workshop are:
Introduction of categories of road environment (A, B, C)
– Renaming of the Site Traffic Mangement Supervisor (STMS) role to Site Traffic Management Supervisor Specialist (STMS).
– Amendments to the STMS responsibilities.
– Amendments to responsibilities of a TC (and phase our of this role)
– Introduction of additional roles of;
– Traffic Management Operative (TMO)
– STMS Mobile Operations – STMS (M)
– Amendments to A6 Training to list the learning blocks covered in the Waka Kotahi training and competency model and link to the website for details of each roadside activities.
– Amendments to requirements for inspection type activities.
You can also try our new workshop selector to help you identify the right training and assessment to meet your needs
Not sure which workshop or course you need to do? Take this 30 Second Quiz to make sure you choose the correct one.