This training is similar to the TMO training but includes CAT C inspection material.
This qualification enables the holder, to:
- Undertake roadside activities on all roads less than 60km/hr
- Undertake inspection activities on all roads less than 60km/hr and on bi-directional roads of any speed
Additional considerations about the qualification:
- Inspection activities in the live lane of multilane roads greater than 70km hr are not covered under this qualification
- The Inspector qualification does not require an STMS to be in overall charge of the inspection activity
This special qualification is designed for:
- Any person wishing to conduct inspection activities and who does not need to hold other TTM warrants.
- This may include surveyors, provided their work fits within the range of inspection activities.
*Staff who are regularly involved in the installation of TTM closures on CAT A, B, or C roads, which may include inspecting or carrying out non-invasive work, are not eligible for the Inspector warrant.
Examples of activities that can be carried out under the Inspector warrant:
- Observation, using a measuring wheel, surveys, traffic counts
- Installing traffic count equipment
- Road maintenance activities such as removal of litter, cleaning signs, cleaning edge markers, or taking photographs.
Type of workshop:
This is a 4hr workshop with theory assessments. Those who pass the workshop will need to go on to successfully complete 2 practical competence assessments to achieve the practicing inspector qualification and can apply through their trainers to receive a certificate of achievement and a warrant card that will be issued by Waka Kotahi. Those who take charge of a worksite must be certified and registered on the Waka Kotahi's TTM database.
Cost: $379.00 + GST ($435.85 incl. GST) per person
If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations, please give us a call or email to discuss options. We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What equipment do I need to carry out inspections?
- In all cases, you need a minimum Hi Viz Vest. In most cases, you need a vehicle with an amber flashing beacon and a vehicle-mounted road inspection sign.
Can I do other types of temporary traffic management under this warrant?
- You are essentially able to carry out any non-invasive inspection activities which may include diverting pedestrians into berm areas only.
How will this workshop save me money?
- If you only carry out inspection activities including inspections on all road environments, you can save yourself a number of days of training and a number of practical competency verifications and assessments.
Who is eligible for an Inspector warrant?
- Anyone is eligible to attend an Inspector workshop. There is no prerequisite for this workshop.
There is no prerequisite for this level of training.
< VIEW ALL PRODUCTS
Showing all 3 results
Inspector: Theory and Practical WorkshopAuckland (Central)
07 MAR 2024
$549.00 excl. GST
Online: Inspector Theory OnlyOnline13 place(s) remaining
11 MAR 2024
$359.00 excl. GST
Inspector: Theory and Practical WorkshopAuckland (Central)5 place(s) remaining
16 APR 2024
$549.00 excl. GST