The online Traffic Management Operative (TMO) workshop is split over two days. Each session is 4 hours long.
How it works:
The TMO warrant enables the holder, once briefed by the STMS in charge, to:
On category A roads: undertake a roadside activity where the vehicle is legally parked and accessed from the non-traffic side
On category A and B roads:
- Set up, maintain and remove TTM for roadside or shoulder activities where all TTM equipment (including TTM vehicles) is outside the edgeline (or edge of seal if there is no edgeline)
- Maintain TTM at an existing static worksite when the in charge STMS is away from the worksite. The STMS must return to the worksite to carry out any required changes
- Complete inspection activities
Note: the TMO warrant enables the holder to be in charge of and undertake inspection activities. They will not have to report to an STMS for the inspection activity.
What you need to attend:
- A laptop, computer or tablet (you cannot use a phone)
- Stable internet connection
- A quiet place to participate in the online workshop
- Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Adobe Reader or an equivalent PDF reader
- A webcam and microphone (or headset) to allow workshop interaction
Who should attend:
Any worker who will be required to:
- Mind a worksite in the absence of the STMS
- Set up a worksite where TTM is clear of the live lane
- Undertake a roadside activity (on 60km/h or less road) where the vehicle is legally parked and accessed from the non-traffic side
- Complete an inspection activity.
And/or any person who is intending to be:
- An onsite STMS on category A, B or C road environments
- A Traffic Operations Manager
- A TTM Mentor, TTM Assessor or TTM Trainer
- A TTM Planner, TMP Approver, TTM Auditor, Traffic Management Coordinator or Corridor Manager.
- The TTM Worker unit standard is a prerequisite to this warrant. If you are only booking in the practicing component, you must hold the 31959 - TMO -NP unit standard.
The learning consists of two 4 hour online sessions delivered by a TTM Trainer. This is followed by on-job coaching from a TTM Mentor for those wishing to gain the practising warrant.
- Schedule: 08:00AM to 12:00PM or 13:00PM to 17:00PM
- Two 4 hour sessions over two days.
Pricing and Payment:
- $329.00 + GST
- Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring training give us a call or email.
- If you are a recruitment agency or will have ongoing registrations please give us a call or email to discuss options.
- We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
- All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
- The TMO role (what you can and cannot do)
- Risk assessment and managing risks
- Knowledge of CoPTTM requirements and how to read a TMP
- Completing inspection activities
- Minding a worksite when STMS is absent
- Completing worksite checks and paperwork
- Briefing visitors
- Managing manual traffic controller (MTC) activities
- Dealing with common worksite situations
- Dealing with the public and working with staff.
The assessment for the non-practising warrant occurs progressively during the workshop.
The assessment for the practising warrant will be assessed by a TTM Assessor on the practical components of the role.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered online through Zoom through a PowerPoint presentation and using a Learning Management System for tests and assessments (fully online)
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following successful completion of the workshop, you will receive:
- Unit standard 31959 – TMO Traffic Management Operative (Non-Practicing) (provided US 31958 is already held)
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card