The Site Traffic Management Specialist Category A/B/C Refresher eLearning workshop is one whole day of learning. It is 8 hours long.
How it works:
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the eLearning workshop for one day - 8 hours including breaks.
- Receive a PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency, who will send you the official TC Warrant card
What you need to attend:
- A laptop, computer or tablet (you cannot use a phone)
- Stable internet connection
- A quiet place to participate in the online workshop
- Internet browser such as Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari
- Adobe Reader or an equivalent PDF reader
Who should attend and prerequisites:
Any person wishing to refresh their current STMS Cat AB, or C qualification, or obtain Cat B and/or C to their existing STMS (Site Traffic Management Supervisor) qualification.
- You must be a current STMS, Cat AB or C or expired no longer than one year to attend this workshop; or
- You must be a current STMS Level 1 and/or Level 2/3 P/NP or expired no longer than one year to attend this workshop.
- If your STMS warrant has been expired longer than one year, you must complete the STMS Cat AB, and/or C workshop – you do not have to repeat TTM Worker or TMO again.
- We recommend you book a place on the workshop in advance of your expiry date, so your warrant does not lapse.
- You can check your current qualification and expiry date here on the public CoPTTM search: https://copttm.nzta.govt.nz/publicsearch.jsp
- 8 hours for one day
- Schedule: 0800 AM – 16:00PM
Pricing and Payment:
Cost: $409.00 + GST ($470.35 incl. GST) per person
If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations, please give us a call or email to discuss options. We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
Please note Parallaxx Terms and Conditions regarding cancellations and non-attendance at workshops.
Scheduled Courses: The following fees will apply when attendees choose to cancel their booked places on a course:
- Cancellation received 1 working day before the course - 50% of the course cost
- Cancellation not received before the course – no refund – total course cost applies. An attendee who cancels on the day of the course is not entitled to a refund. An attendee who cancels off a re-booked course will not be entitled to a refund.
What is included at the workshop:
- Introduction of categories of road environment (A, B, C)
- The reasoning behind renaming of the Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) role to Site Traffic Management Supervisor Specialist (STMS)
- Amendments to the STMS responsibilities
- Amendments to responsibilities of a TC (and phase out of this role)
- Introduction of additional roles of:
- Traffic Management Operative (TMO)
- STMS Mobile operations - STMS (M)
- Amendments to A6 Training to list the learning blocks covered in the Waka Kotahi training and competency model and link to the website for details of each learning block
- Amendments to the requirements for shoulder and roadside activities
- Amendments to requirements for inspection type activities.
- The workshop is a summary of the changes and relearning key areas of CoPTTM.
- The testing of the refresher will include open book assessments on each covered section of CoPTTM – Categories A,B and C .
- Pass Rate: 60% or more in each assessment to pass with an opportunity to re-work any assessments at the end of the day.
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop, you will receive:
- Certificate for completion of workshop- no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card
- Your Refresher STMS qualification with Cat A,B and/or C is valid for 3 years from the date of the workshop.
Please note: To obtain a practising warrant following this workshop, you must complete an STMS Practical Assessment for the category of road you wish to be practising on. Use our free application to apply here.