The General Worker self-paced eLearning module is designed by industry for industry. Learners will demonstrate knowledge of working safely as a General Worker on a worksite under temporary traffic management. The training and assessment can be undertaken online with full NZQA recognition.
eLearning and Assessment Overview:
- The training has a series of short modules, with an assessment after each part. You’ll need to complete all parts of the assessment, and have your results reviewed by an assessor, to be awarded the Unit Standard.
- The whole training and assessment will take you around 2-3 hours, but you can break it up into as many parts as you like – you don’t have to complete it all in one go.
- You’ll receive a confirmation after completing the training and assessment that you have passed, with a certificate. Your new unit standard will then be registered on your NZQA Record of Achievement.
How it works:
- Have your NZQA NSN Number ready – this is your unique National Student Number. If you don’t know it, you can find it here: National Student Number (NSN) » NZQA – the easiest way is to call NZQA on the number in the link.
- Register for General Worker using your own email address (every user needs their own email) – ensure all details are correct and accurate.
- If you pay by credit card you will be sent a login and link to our eLearning platform, and you can begin the training straight away.
- If you choose to pay by invoice or bank transfer, your payment will need to clear, or we will manually approve your order for customers who are approved on an invoicing basis. Once the order is approved you will receive your login details.
- Once you have logged into the eLearning platform – follow the tool tip instructions. You will acknowledge a training agreement before starting the training.
- Download the trainee guide and watch the training videos at your own pace, answering the assessment questions as you go.
- Once you have submitted all questions, an assessor will manually mark the questions within 24 hours.
- If you get any questions wrong, you will be sent an email notification asking you to make another attempt. We allow 3 attempts per question.
- Once all questions are correct, you will be able to download your certificate as evidence from your profile page and we will report the Unit Standard completion to your record of achievement.
- Keep your login details as these will stay the same for any further training you undertake with Parallaxx.
Background of General Worker
- This is for anyone who works around Temporary Traffic Management (but isn’t personally responsible for it). Every day thousands of workers step onto worksites around New Zealand and it's important that all of them have a base level of knowledge about how to keep themselves, and others safe.
- This training is for all of those people – who need to operate in worksite environments and understand the basics of Temporary Traffic Management (TTM).
- Think of it like a knowledge induction for Traffic Management – making sure everyone has at least the minimum information to make good decisions when on worksites with live traffic, and traffic management in place.
- General Worker has been included in the New Zealand Certificate in Infrastructure Works (Level 2) Certificate and is being actively added to many more qualifications.
What are the learning outcomes of this training?
(All of these areas are covered in the training and assessment in the online self-paced package)
- There are a lot of terms in Traffic Management that are useful to understand, like Carriageway and Live Lane. All of these are covered in the training.
TTM roles and responsibilities
- There are different people involved in TTM – like the Site Traffic Management Specialist (STMS) and Traffic Management Operative (TMO). This section discusses these roles and what they do.
- All worksites must have safety briefings to make sure everyone knows what the hazards are, how they will be managed, and what to do in an emergency. This section covers the basics of briefings and what General Workers can expect.
Parts of a worksite
- There are different parts of worksites – including advanced warning zones, and working spaces. These are important to understand for all workers so they know the layout of their workplaces.
Working safely around TTM
- A really important piece of knowledge is how to work safely when in a TTM environment. Things like safety zones and safe entry and exit are really important for all workers.
Personal responsibilities (including PPE)
- Its also very important that every individual knows what they personally need to do to keep safe like wearing PPE, attending briefings, and reporting hazards if they see them.
Successful trainees will be awarded:
US 31957 Demonstrate knowledge of working safely as a general worker on a worksite under temporary traffic management
Level 2 | Credits 3 | Version 1
You will be able to download a certificate of achievement immediately following the successful completion of the eLearning module.
Pricing and Payment:
Cost: $129.00 + GST per person
This includes $30.00 for the Connexis trainee assessment and trainee guide (the resource fees) and $19.50 for the credits registered through Connexis.
Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring this training, give us a call or email.
If you are a recruitment agency or will have ongoing registrations, please give us a call or email to discuss options. We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
Book this course
eLearningComplete online at your own pace (Self-paced)