The STMS- A/B provides the base knowledge for working on category A and B road environments.
How it works:
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the workshop
- Receive a temporary wallet-sized warrant card and PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency, who will send you the official TC Warrant card
Who should attend:
Any person wishing to work on category A and/or B roads as an onsite STMS, or any person wishing to work on category A roads while fulfilling one of the following roles:
- Traffic Operations Manager
- TTM Mentor
- TTM Assessor
- TTM Trainer
- TTM Planner
- TMP Approver
- TTM Auditor
- Traffic Management Coordinator
- Corridor Manager
- STMS Universal, or
- STMS of any level current or expired, or
- STMS of the relevant category current or expired
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi website for more information.
The learning consists of a two-day knowledge workshop delivered by a TTM Trainer. This is followed by on-job coaching from a TTM Mentor for those wishing to gain the practising warrant.
- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (generally)
- Day 1: 8 hours (including breaks)
- Day 2: 5-6 hours (including breaks)
This is during weekdays. However, we can organise weekend workshops if you have a group.
What to Bring:
What to bring to the workshop:
Everything you require for the workshop participation is provided by Parallaxx.
However, for Auckland based workshop attendees, if you have your own laptop, you are welcome to bring this for use in the workshop. This option is currently only available for Auckland workshop attendees.
We encourage you to bring your own laptop for the following reasons:
- You will find navigating the workshop content more easily on a device that you are familiar with,
- You can bookmark useful pages and content for future reference,
- You can download items to your device
Please note: We do provide tablets for anyone that does not have their own device.
Everything you require for the workshop participation is included and you are welcome to use one of our tablets.
Pricing and Payment:
Cost: $750.00 + GST ($862.50 incl. GST) per person
If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations, please give us a call or email to discuss options. We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
Please note Parallaxx Terms and Conditions regarding cancellations and non-attendance at workshops.
Scheduled Courses: The following fees will apply when attendees choose to cancel their booked places on a course:
- Cancellation received 1 working day before the course - 50% of the course cost
- Cancellation not received before the course – no refund – total course cost applies. An attendee who cancels on the day of the course is not entitled to a refund. An attendee who cancels off a re-booked course will not be entitled to a refund.
What is included at the workshop?
- Lunch, Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
- Deliver site safety briefings and inductions
- Calculate layout distances for category A and B road environments
- Set up, maintain, and remove TTM for static operations (shoulder closures, two-way two-lane closures and multi-lane closures)
- Complete mobile operations and closures
- Set up, maintain, and remove TTM for semi-static operations and closures
- Conduct special activities.
The assessment for the non-practising warrant occurs progressively during the workshop.
The assessment for the practising warrant will be assessed by a TTM Assessor on the practical components of the role.
There are 2 optional unit standards that can be awarded to an STMS (regardless of the category of road the STMS is warranted for). These are:
- STMS non-practising - US 31962: Explain the requirements for the worksite under temporary traffic management for a road environment as defined in CoPTTM
- STMS practising - US 31963: Operate as a practising Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) on a road environment as defined in CoPTTM.
Once the unit standards have been awarded for a category of road, the STMS is not required to attain these unit standards again for other categories of road environment.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop, you will receive:
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / Waka Kotahi
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the Waka Kotahi card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card
Please note: To obtain a practising warrant following this workshop, you must complete an STMS Practical Assessment for the category of road you wish to be practising on. Use our free application to apply here.