The STMS- A/B provides the base knowledge for working on category A and B road environments.
How it works:
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the workshop
- Receive a temporary wallet-sized warrant card and PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency, who will send you the official TC Warrant card
Who should attend:
Any person wishing to work on category A and/or B roads as an onsite STMS, or any person wishing to work on category A roads while fulfilling one of the following roles:
- Traffic Operations Manager
- TTM Mentor
- TTM Assessor
- TTM Trainer
- TTM Planner
- TMP Approver
- TTM Auditor
- Traffic Management Coordinator
- Corridor Manager
- STMS Universal, or
- STMS of any level current or expired, or
- STMS of the relevant category current or expired
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi website for more information.
The learning consists of a one and half-day knowledge workshop delivered by a TTM Trainer. This is followed by on-job coaching from a TTM Mentor for those wishing to gain the practising warrant.
- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (generally)
- Day 1: 8 hours (including breaks)
- Day 2: 4 hours (including breaks)
This is during weekdays. However, we can organise weekend workshops if you have a group.
Pricing and Payment:
Cost: $750.00 + GST ($862.50 incl. GST) per person
Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring this training, give us a call or email.
If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations, please give us a call or email to discuss options. We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
What is included at the workshop?
- Lunch, Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
- Deliver site safety briefings and inductions
- Calculate layout distances for category A and B road environments
- Set up, maintain, and remove TTM for static operations (shoulder closures, two-way two-lane closures and multi-lane closures)
- Complete mobile operations and closures
- Set up, maintain, and remove TTM for semi-static operations and closures
- Conduct special activities.
The assessment for the non-practising warrant occurs progressively during the workshop.
The assessment for the practising warrant will be assessed by a TTM Assessor on the practical components of the role.
There are 2 optional unit standards that can be awarded to an STMS (regardless of the category of road the STMS is warranted for). These are:
- STMS non-practising - US 31962: Explain the requirements for the worksite under temporary traffic management for a road environment as defined in CoPTTM
- STMS practising - US 31963: Operate as a practising Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) on a road environment as defined in CoPTTM.
Once the unit standards have been awarded for a category of road, the STMS is not required to attain these unit standards again for other categories of road environment.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop, you will receive:
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / Waka Kotahi
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the Waka Kotahi card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card