This provides base STMS knowledge for the STMS category A, B or C learning blocks and the STMS Mobile learning block. The STMS Universal workshop is normally run in conjunction with a category A, B or C workshop or an STMS Mobile workshop.
How it works:
The STMS-U qualification will give you base STMS knowledge for the STMS category A, B or C learning blocks, and the STMS Mobile learning block.
Who should attend:
Any person who is intending to be:
- An onsite STMS on a category A, B or C road environment or in a mobile operation
- A Traffic Operations Manager
- A TTM Mentor, TTM Assessor or TTM Trainer, TTM Planner, TMP Approver, TTM Auditor, Traffic Management Coordinator or Corridor Manager.
- The TMO non-practising warrant is the minimum prerequisite to this warrant. (Unit standard 31959 - TMO -NP)
- The learning consists of a two day knowledge workshop delivered by a TTM Trainer.
- Schedule: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (generally)
- 8 hours (including breaks)
- Weekdays. However, we can organise weekend workshops if you have a group.
Pricing and Payment:
- $595.00 + GST ($684.25 including) per person
- Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring training give us a call or email.
If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations please give us a call or email to discuss options.
We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
- All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
What is included at the workshop?
- Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
- navigating the CoPTTM
- reading a TMP and checking that it is suitable for a site (fit for purpose)
- identifying, assessing, and managing risk
- understanding layout distances
- planning a deployment (site setup) and calculating resources
- completing a TTM crew briefing
- checking a worksite
- being a leader.
The assessment for this warrant occurs progressively during the workshop
There is an optional unit standard for the STMS-U warrant - US 31961: Explain the requirements for the worksite under temporary traffic management.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop, you will receive:
- The unit standard 31961 - STMS U - Site Traffic Management Specialist Universal
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / Waka Kotahi
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the Waka Kotahi card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card