This provides base STMS knowledge for the STMS category A, B or C learning blocks and the STMS Mobile learning block. The STMS Universal workshop is normally run in conjunction with a category A, B or C workshop or an STMS Mobile workshop.
How it works:
The STMS-U qualification will give you base STMS knowledge for the STMS category A, B or C learning blocks, and the STMS Mobile learning block.
Who should attend:
Any person who is intending to be:
- An onsite STMS on a category A, B or C road environment or in a mobile operation
- A Traffic Operations Manager
- A TTM Mentor, TTM Assessor or TTM Trainer, TTM Planner, TMP Approver, TTM Auditor, Traffic Management Coordinator or Corridor Manager.
- TMO current or expired no more than 12 months, or
- TMO -NP current or expired no more than 12 months, or
- Current TC, or
- Current TC (I)
Please refer to the Waka Kotahi website for more information.
- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (generally)
- 8 hours (including breaks)
- Weekdays - However, we can organise weekend workshops if you have a group.
Pricing and Payment:
Cost: $750.00 + GST ($862.50 incl. GST) per person
Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring this training, give us a call or email.
If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations, please give us a call or email to discuss options. We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
What is included at the workshop?
- Lunch, Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
- navigating the CoPTTM
- reading a TMP and checking that it is suitable for a site (fit for purpose)
- identifying, assessing, and managing risk
- understanding layout distances
- planning a deployment (site setup) and calculating resources
- completing a TTM crew briefing
- checking a worksite
- being a leader.
- The assessment for this warrant occurs progressively during the workshop
- There is an optional unit standard for the STMS-U warrant - US 31961: Explain the requirements for the worksite under temporary traffic management.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following successful completion of the workshop, you will receive:
- The unit standard 31961 - STMS U - Site Traffic Management Specialist Universal
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / Waka Kotahi
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the Waka Kotahi card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card