Book your Level 2/3 Non-Practising STMS workshop online for Auckland and Wellington. This two-day workshop provides in-depth training on Temporary Traffic Management (TTM) safe working practices, standards, and operating procedures for worksites on Level 2 and 3 roads.
How it works:
- Check that you are eligible to attend the Level 2/3NP STMS workshop using the prerequisites guide here .
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the workshop
- Receive a temporary wallet sized warrant card and PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with NZTA who will send you the official STMS Warrant card
Who should attend:
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) Designers
- TTM Operations Managers
- Road Controlling Authority personnel (RCA) and Traffic Management Coordinators (TMCs)
- Planners, project managers, consultants, surveyors, engineers, auditors
- Road workers who wish to gain the Level 2/3 Practising STMS warrant
- You must hold a Level 1 STMS warrant or have been a Level 2/3NP STMS at any time in the past
- Your Level 1 STMS warrant must be current (cannot be expired) – if it is expired you must first complete a refresher and then you can do the Level 2/3NP STMS workshop.
- See traffic controllers prerequisite guide .
- You can check your current qualification here on the public CoPTTM search: https://copttm.nzta.govt.nz/publicsearch.jsp
- 2-Day Workshop
- Schedule: 0800 AM – 4:00 PM (generally)
- 8 hours each day (including breaks)
- Generally weekdays, however if you have a group we can organise weekend or after hours workshops specifically for you.
Pricing and Payment:
As of 1st of May 2020
- $600.00 + GST ($690.00 including) per person
- Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring training give us a call or email.
- If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations please give us a call or email to discuss options.
- We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
- All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
What is included at the workshop:
- Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
- Gain in-depth knowledge on Level 2 and 3 roads
- Application of Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 in a Temporary Traffic Management Context
- Legal requirements of roadwork sites
- Develop a consistent approach to traffic control
- Analyse Traffic Management Plans in relation to various roading situations
- Apply the planning and setting up of roadwork sites to actual roading situations
- Produce a Traffic Management Plan (TMP)
- Sign selection, placement, Safe Operating Procedures and worksite protection for Level 2 and 3 roads
- Audit procedures for Level 2 and 3 roads
- How to work with local authorities such as Auckland Transport
- How to apply for a CAR or WAP
- Initial evaluation test to check the attendees ability to navigate CoPTTM
- Six open book tests on each covering each section of CoPTTM
- TMP Design Tests
- Pass Rate: 60% or more in each test to pass
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop you will receive:
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / NZTA
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the NZTA card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to NZTA within 48 hours.
- NZTA takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card
- Your Level 2/3 NP STMS qualification is valid for 3 years from the date of the workshop.