Book your Level 1 Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) workshop online. This two-day workshop is the next step in Temporary Traffic Management (TTM). Attendees will gain the knowledge required to complete a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) and supervise TTM on Level 1 worksites. The STMS workshop is a prerequisite to the Level 2/3 Non-Practising workshop and can be used to renew an existing Level 1 STMS warrant.
How it works:
- Check that you are eligible to attend the STMS workshop using the prerequisites guide here.
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the workshop
- Receive a temporary wallet sized warrant card and PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with NZTA who will send you the official STMS Warrant card
Who should attend:
- Anyone who is required to set up, modify and maintain Temporary Traffic Management worksites on Level 1 roads
- Anyone who wants to design and submit a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) Designs
- Consultants, developers, surveyors, project managers, engineers wanting a better understanding of TTM to assist with decision making and planning.
- Anyone who wants to further their progress in TTM industry or train to the Level 2/3 Non-Practising level.
- You must have held a Level 1 Basic Traffic Controller warrant for at least one month, or been an STMS of any level at any time in the past
- Your Level 1 TC must be current (cannot be expired) – if it is expired you must first complete a refresher and then you can do the STMS workshop.
- See traffic controllers prerequisite guide.
- You can check your current qualification here on the public CoPTTM search: https://copttm.nzta.govt.nz/publicsearch.jsp
- 2-Day Workshop
- Schedule: 0800 AM – 4:00 PM (generally)
- 8 hours each day (including breaks)
- Generally weekdays, however if you have a group we can organise weekend or after hours workshops specifically for you.
Pricing and Payment:
As of 1st of May 2020
- $495.00 + GST ($569.25 including) per person
- Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring training give us a call or email.
- If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations please give us a call or email to discuss options.
- We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
- All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
What is included at the workshop:
- Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
The workshop is split into sections of CoPTTM (A,B,C,D) and activities
Section A: Introduction and general
- Introduction to the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM)
- Powers and responsibiilites
- Authorities, roles and responsibilities of an STMS
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) documentation
- On-site Record documentation
Section B: Equipment
- Equipment used at road work sites – expanded on from the TC workshop
- PPE Requirements
Section C: Static operations
- Sign placement and positioning
- Delineation placement
- Manual traffic control (MTC)
- Exercises to calculate distances of signs
- Temporary Speed Limits
- Pedestrian management
- Unattended works
- Road Safety Barrier Systems
Section D: Mobile operations
- Setup and removal of worksites
- Mobile operations and special activities
- Inspection activities
Complete a full TMP (based on Stop / Go)
Safety Audit of TTM
- Five open book tests on each covered section of CoPTTM – Sections A,B,C,D and an additional TMP drawing test
- Traffic Management Plan design exercise – attendees will plan stages of work, complete the TMP document and sketch the drawings for each phase of work.
- Pass Rate: 60% or more in each test to pass with an opportunity to re-work any tests at the end of the day.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop you will receive:
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / NZTA
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the NZTA card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop- no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to NZTA within 48 hours.
- NZTA takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card
- Your Level 1 STMS qualification is valid for 3 years from the date of the workshop.