Book your Level 1 Site Traffic Management Supervisor (STMS) workshop online. This two-day workshop is the next step in Temporary Traffic Management (TTM). Attendees will gain the knowledge required to complete a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) and supervise TTM on Level 1 worksites. The STMS workshop is a prerequisite to the Level 2/3 Non-Practising workshop and can be used to renew an existing Level 1 STMS warrant.
How it works:
- Check that you are eligible to attend the STMS workshop using the prerequisites guide here .
- Register online through our easy booking system
- Receive instant confirmation of placement on the workshop, joining instructions and reminders
- Attend the workshop
- Receive a temporary wallet sized warrant card and PDF certificate emailed to you on completion as evidence of qualification
- We register you with Waka Kotahi, NZ Transport Agency who will send you the official STMS Warrant card
Who should attend:
- Anyone who is required to set up, modify and maintain Temporary Traffic Management worksites on Level 1 roads
- Anyone who wants to design and submit a Traffic Management Plan (TMP) Designs
- Consultants, developers, surveyors, project managers, engineers wanting a better understanding of TTM to assist with decision making and planning.
- Anyone who wants to further their progress in TTM industry or train to the Level 2/3 Non-Practising level.
- You must have held a Level 1 Basic Traffic Controller warrant for at least one month, or been an STMS of any level at any time in the past
- Your Level 1 TC must be current (cannot be expired) – if it is expired you must first complete a refresher and then you can do the STMS workshop.
- See traffic controllers prerequisite guide .
- You can check your current qualification here on the public CoPTTM search: https://copttm.nzta.govt.nz/publicsearch.jsp
- 2-Day Workshop
- Schedule: 0800 AM – 4:00 PM (generally)
- 8 hours each day (including breaks)
- Generally weekdays, however if you have a group we can organise weekend or after hours workshops specifically for you.
Pricing and Payment:
As of 1st of May 2020
- $495.00 + GST ($569.25 including) per person
- Group discounts are available, if you have several workers requiring training give us a call or email.
- If you are a recruitment agency or will have on-going registrations please give us a call or email to discuss options.
- We have three payment options:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
- All workshops must be paid for prior to attending unless you have an arrangement with us.
What is included at the workshop:
- Tea and Coffee
- Temporary warrant card for use as evidence of qualification
- PDF certificate emailed following workshop completion
- Samsung tablet to use with workshop material (you may bring your own laptop or device to load CoPTTM onto)
Section A: Introduction and general
- Introduction to the Code of Practice for Temporary Traffic Management (CoPTTM)
- Powers and responsibiilites
- Authorities, roles and responsibilities of an STMS
- Traffic Management Plan (TMP) documentation
- On-site Record documentation
Section B: Equipment
- Equipment used at road work sites – expanded on from the TC workshop
- PPE Requirements
Section C: Static operations
- Sign placement and positioning
- Delineation placement
- Manual traffic control (MTC)
- Exercises to calculate distances of signs
- Temporary Speed Limits
- Pedestrian management
- Unattended works
- Road Safety Barrier Systems
Section D: Mobile operations
- Setup and removal of worksites
- Mobile operations and special activities
- Inspection activities
Safety Audit of TTM
- Five open book tests on each covered section of CoPTTM – Sections A,B,C,D and an additional TMP drawing test
- Traffic Management Plan design exercise – attendees will plan stages of work, complete the TMP document and sketch the drawings for each phase of work.
- Pass Rate: 60% or more in each test to pass with an opportunity to re-work any tests at the end of the day.
- Qualified trainers who are industry experts will facilitate the workshop
- The workshop is delivered through a PowerPoint presentation
- Interactive with plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions
- Large open plan room with air-conditioning
Evidence of qualification is extremely important, especially for those who need to provide proof of qualification for jobs or contract work.
Following the workshop you will receive:
- A wallet sized temporary warrant card approved by Auckland Transport / Waka Kotahi
- This serves as temporary proof of qualification until the Waka Kotahi card arrives
- This will include your name, date of attendance and the trainer’s information.
- Certificate for completion of workshop - no waiting around for days for your certificate to be sent out, our system will automatically create and send it to you.
- Dedicated administrators for your registration to send out your registration to Waka Kotahi within 48 hours.
- Waka Kotahi takes 8 to 12 weeks to send your warrant card
- Your Level 1 STMS qualification is valid for 3 years from the date of the workshop.