Parallaxx leading specialists in Temporary Traffic Management recently released a video entitled “Save Them With Kindness”. The video promotes the message of the new NZTA TTM Training and Competency Model: “Safe traffic management is more than knowledge, it’s how we act”.
Save Them with Kindness | The New NZTA Training and Competency Model
The new training and competency model kicked off in the first week of November 2019. NZTA appointed trainers have been delivering the TTM Mentor workshop. This is the first course released by NZTA and prepares on-road STMS’ for their role as mentors, training up and coming workers. Parallaxx has three TTM Mentor trainers and has been delivering the courses across the North Island. The TTM Mentor workshop will be open to the public in 2020.
What leads to the creation of the new model?
Consolidated feedback from the NZTA Training and Competency model discussion document:
- A Coroners Court recommended that a test of competence is included as part of training for TTM personnel – this was following a death at a traffic management worksite.
- There was no apparent career path for workers within the TTM industry
- Some of the CoPTTM Trainers did not have enough practical experience
- The CoPTTM training was considered theoretical and not practically based
- There was a lack of experienced TTM staff at worksites
In this industry, Let Parallaxx be your specialist in safety. For assistance regarding the latest model update. Our team would be happy to give you more details. Contact us through our website or call us at 0800-333-772.